Do What You Say
“Someone will say, ‘You have faith; I have deeds.’ Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.” James 2:18
The Bible speaks of “clouds without rain.” You know men who are always promising but never delivering – they are indeed clouds without rain. To be authentic means that we must do what we say. You can constantly affirm something but without the discipline to do it you are living a delusion.
Steve Jobs said, “Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” You will set yourself apart from mediocrity the moment you decide to follow through and finish well. In fact, you will never gain the inertia of momentum until you become a doer of your words.
The same is true for your faith walk with God. There are men who give their walk with God a casual stroll. Your walk with God should have your foremost effort. It should be vibrant and alive, brisk and quick. It should get your juices flowing. Doing so will take you to a new level of living.
12 KEYS TO BEING AN AUTHENTIC MAN
- To be a man of order – pick up after yourself.
- To be a man of integrity – don’t lie.
- To be a man of discipline – exercise daily.
- To be a man of wealth – manage your money.
- To be a prudent man – keep a secret.
- To be a man of wisdom – listen.
- To be a man of knowledge – read.
- To be a man of passion – live.
- To be a man of adventure – get moving.
- To be an attractive man – take care of yourself.
- To a man who speaks well – articulate your words.
- To be a successful man – love, because it never fails.
The story of your life can be rewritten. I suggest that you leave out the drama and live the adventure. You can redefine yourself in a moment but you will prove it over a lifetime.
Make a change in whom you are. Say out loud that you are the kind of person that you want to become. Now that you’ve said it – repeat it – and live it out.