Talk To Your Children
“He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.” Malachi 4:5
California State University reported that the average father spends 3.5 minutes per week in meaningful conversation with their children. You cannot direct the affairs of your children without having a relationship with them.
The Nemesis of mankind desires to deceive you by convincing you that you have no role in the affairs of your children. If he can’t deceive you, he will distract you.
It is time for men to speak into the lives of their children and direct them, instruct them, even command them in the ways of God.
KEYS TO UNLOCKING CONVERSATION WITH YOUR CHILDREN
- Read the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the day of the month every day with your children. Proverbs is written as a “man-to-man” instruction book.
- Ask questions that require a thoughtful answer – something beyond “yes” and “no.”
- Look into their eyes and listen carefully.
- Do not have your cell or computer in front of you while you are talking with your children. Turn the TV off.
- Play an old-fashioned board game or video game with your child.
- Have dinner together. Make everyone turn off his or her cell phones. No texting during your time together.
- Laugh. Laugh. Laugh.
The span of a childhood is only a few years. I remember the day I counted how many more summers I had with my children as teenagers. It made me slow down and focus upon them and less on me.
Spend an hour with your child or children doing something that they enjoy.
wish I could but I have no children so this challenge is not possible for me
Perfect Saturday to do this challenge.