Intentionally Date Your Wife
“All night long on my bed I looked for the one my heart loves; I looked for him but did not find him.” Song of Solomon 3:1
We should continue to court our wives as if we were still trying to win their affection. Keep the spark in your marriage alive by making it a practice to take your wife out on dates. Make it an intentional date; meaning, don’t get in the car and say, “Where do you want to go?” Plan ahead as if you were courting her.
A princess likes to be rescued. A date can rescue your wife from the mundane habits of her life. The excitement of dating never leaves the deep passion of a woman. Keep it alive in your wife. It’s better for you in the long run.
DATE TIPS FOR THE MARRIED MAN
- Prep yourself. Dress in upscale casual clothes. Ditch the every day jeans and teeshirt.
- Make reservations. Go for a nice restaurant with an upscale ambiance.
- Don’t be cheap. This is a time to invest in your marriage. You are showing appreciation for her and what she means to you.
- Set the date and time. Let her know well in advance and keep the commitment.
- Hire a baby-sitter. It is preferable for the children to stay overnight with a grandparent so that you can have the whole night to yourselves.
- Consider a resort or luxury hotel. You can get luxury hotels very inexpensively on bargain websites.
- Send her gift certificates to prepare for the date. Perhaps a gift certificate for shopping clothes or nightwear. Consider gifting a manicure and pedicure.
- Send her a gift to be delivered on the afternoon of your date such as flowers or simply a hand-written card telling her that you are anticipating the night.
- Make sure your car is spotless!
- Open doors for her.
- Be a gentleman.
- Stay focused on her. Don’t talk about the kids, work, or problems. Reflect upon your meeting and dating. Talk about your future together.
- Laugh. I know I repeated this, but it is important. It is good medicine.
Make a date with your wife.