Be A Salesman
“Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone.” Proverbs 25:15
Every man needs to be able to close a deal. You may or may not earn your living as a salesman but you still need to have a sales technique in your toolbox. Many people fear the close of the deal. It is the moment of decision. It can be awkward if you are not convinced that you are offering a mutual benefit in the exchange.
6 KEYS TO CLOSING THE SALE
- Always let the other prospect have his say. Don’t interrupt.
- Repeat and acknowledge any objection before resolving the objection.
- Be pleasant, agreeable and receptive to objections without argument.
- Don’t assume the other person knows what you know about your product or service.
- Don’t assume that your prospect needs your product or service.
- You will never make the sell without a win-win proposition.
Sales are as basic to business as you can get. As David Green, the founder of Hobby Lobby said, “The core activity is buying and selling merchandise.”
Sell something! Even if you are not in the business of sales – find something in your possession to make an exchange.