Blessed To Give
“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35
Researchers at the University of British Columbia found that spending on others boosted happiness and fulfillment while spending on one’s self did not. (LiveScience, March 20, 2008)
It is a deep passion in our lives to do something of significance. Giving is foundational to who we are as men. We were created in the shadowed image of God; therefore, we take on and express his nature. God is a giver. In fact, He is the ultimate giver. “For God so loved the world that He gave.” (John 3:16)
I believe we are the most like our Father when we are extending our hand toward the needs of other people.
Winston Churchill said, “We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.” As a Fivestarman, you have the entrepreneurial drive developing your personal gifts and accumulating resources. Your philanthropic passion balances out the greed factor. You defeat greed by motivating your passion to be philanthropic in cause.
GIVE YOURSELF AWAY
- Give Financially – Your finances represent you. It represents your time, energy, talents, skills, work, etc. Giving financially is the equivalent of giving of yourself.
- Give Time – Time is the most precious commodity that we have because we only have a limited amount.
- Give Expertise – Use your skill set to benefit someone who is in need of you.
- Give Love – The power of expressing love is immeasurable. It can be the difference of life and death for some.
- Give Random Acts of Kindness – This is an empowering way to give to others.
- Give Appreciation – It is very easy and very thoughtful to simply express your gratitude toward another person.
If you truly want to be a blessed man, you must learn that you are blessed to be a blessing.
From the list above see how many ways you can give yourself away today.