How To Love Your Wife
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her.” Ephesians 5:25
Love is expressed in action. Consider how women have responded when asked to complete this sentence: “I wish my husband would love me by…”
- By listening to me.
- By taking my ‘petty problems’ seriously.
- By communicating more openly with me.
- By noticing me more – not just when he wants sex.
- By saying ‘thank you’ for the things I do.
- By being interested in my life…at least acting like you’re interested.
- By showing affection when other people are around.
- By sharing his goals and values with me; talking his business over with me.
- By remembering me with little gifts or just planning an evening out.
- By taking me out without the kids more – maybe just for a ride.
- By including me in the things he does.
- By trying to understand me.
- By getting involved with things I enjoy doing.
- By just holding me in his arms and talking to me.
- By being tender and using kind, tender words.
- By helping in the discipline of the children.
- By saying little words of caring, compliments, and appreciation.
- By accepting me just as I am.
- By spending more time with the family.
- By making me feel like a woman.
Express your love toward your wife today in one of the preceding ways.