Art of War
“If the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?”
1 Corinthians 14:8
Clarity is required for a successful strategy. If you cannot plan the next 24 hours, you cannot plan 24 years. Business can be best understood as economic warfare.
You must design a clear strategy for your business warfare.
The United States Military has a manual for the art of warfare. Let’s learn from it.
- Objective – Clearly define the goal.
- Offensive – Initiate the strategy.
- Mass – Concentrate your efforts.
- Economy of Force – Allocate your resources.
- Maneuver – Obtain advantage over your opponent’s weaknesses.
- Unity of Command – Make sure that you have the proper structure of leadership to ensure a win.
- Security – Never permit the enemy to acquire an unexpected advantage.
- Surprise – Don’t forecast your moves to your opponents.
- Simplicity – Prepare clear and concise action steps to accomplish your goals.
Write a clear and concise strategy for your business. Even if you are employed by others, write as though it were your own.